Re: [Ltib] .spec vs .spec.in

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] .spec vs .spec.in
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:44:42 +0000

Hi Kevin,

.spec.in are used for spec files that require their main body from a
template (such as kernel-common.tmpl, u-boot-common.tmpl).  That is they
have no build/install/.. sections.

If you look at any existing .spec.in, you'll see a line like:
# Template = kernel-common.tmpl
or
# template = u-boot-common.tmpl

This tells LTIB to join together the .spec.in and the common template
file.

The advantage of this is that you can have a common build recipe for all
the different kernels/u-boots.

I would recommend that your kernels/u-boots use the common templates for
building and you use .spec.in spec files.

Regards, Stuart