Re: [Ltib] LTIB generated RPM database

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LTIB generated RPM database
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:52:46 +0000

Hi Kevin,

These dependencies are things that got built into your toolchain rpm,
you can check with:

rpm -q --requires -p /opt/ltib/pkgs/tc-nxp-lnx-armvfp-4.3.2-1.i386.rpm

>From what I can tell, these should not have got put into your rpm, or at
least I'm not sure why they would be (I've not seen this on the
toolchains we have).

Basically the rpm install is looking for these symbols to exist in
the  /opt/ltib/var/lib/rpm/* database.  It is not actually saying your
host does not have these.

To resolve this you can:

1/ Try to figure out why you get these symbols and remove them.

2/ Add: Autoreqprov : no into your toolchain spec file.  This will omit
the generation/check of requires/provides.

3/ Add the missing symbols to
dist/lfs-5.1/fake-provides/fake-provides.spec and then force the
re-install of this (bump the version number/release and then
rm .host_wait* and re-run ./ltib).

Personally I would tend to opt for #2 as it's very likely your host does
actually have libz (zlib) and rtld.

Regards, Stuart