[Ltib] Copying kernel headers fails in new kernel source trees

From: Kevin Wells
Subject: [Ltib] Copying kernel headers fails in new kernel source trees
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:27:10 +0100

Somewhere between kernel 2.6.25 and 2.6.27.8, the architecture/board specific header files in the kernel source tree were moved from

include/asm-arm/arch/mach-<board>/

arch/arm/mach-<chip>/include/mach/

It seems that the symbolic link at include/asm/arch was also removed when all the platform header files were moved to the arch/arm area (I can't find the equivalent of this link in the newer kernel source trees).

In the PKG_KERNEL_WANT_HEADERS option is enabled, the arm architecture specific copy of the platform files now fails in these newer kernel sources as the include/asm/arch link is no longer there.

So the current copy command of (sorry about any typos, I'm hand typing this…):

                cp -a $KBOUT/include/asm/arch/* $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/usr/src/linx/include/asm/arch

needs to be replaced with

                cp -a $KBOUT/include/arch/arch/mach-<chip>/include/mach/* $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/usr/src/linx/include/asm/arch

on these newer source trees.

Short of creating a few new flags in main.lkc to handle this and adding a new case in the kernel spec template, is there any other way to get this change handled in the spec file?

Thanks,

Kevin Wells

NXP