Re: [Ltib] AppTRK segmentation fault

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] AppTRK segmentation fault
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:07:13 +0000

Hi Sagar,

Unfortunately I was not even aware of this LTIB BSP.  You'll need to
contact the supplier of this equipment to get support.  This issue could
be caused by many different factors.

This is pure speculation, but the symptoms you have are those of a
toolchain mismatch.  So for your iptables addition it may work if you
re-build everything.  You can do this by running: ./ltib -f

So far as AppTrk goes, this is normally supplied by Freescale as a
binary.  Again, segmentation faults can be caused if there's a toolchain
miss-match (e.g. glibc in toolchain that goes onto the target and the
toolchain the executable were build with are different).  Unfortunately
you can't rebuild this.  To get help with this, you'll need to contact
Freescale:

   * go to http://www.freescale.com
   * click on "Support / Technical support"
   * click on "Submit a Service Request"
   * register to get a user name and password.
   * login in with your user name and password
   * on the "New Service Request" page:
      * category = Technical Request
      * topic = Linux BSP
      * Click on "Continue"
   * fill out the information for the service request
   * click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

Regards, Stuart