Re: [Ltib] How to force install of rpm package?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] How to force install of rpm package?
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 10:59:56 +0100

Svein Seldal wrote:
Stuart Hughes wrote:
If you run ./ltib it will only leave installed those package which are selected (with ./ltib -m config). I suspect you don't have qtopia selected.

It were selected. Because as soon as I removed the qtopia source directory from rpm/build, the ./ltib command willingly installed qtopia.

It could seem like if a compilation of a module fails, then next time the module is built, the build directory is not deleted. I'll keep my eyes open to see if I can root this out in more detail.

You're right, if a package build fails, the source is left unpacked. The idea is you have the opportunity to investigate/fix.

Once that source is fixed though, and the package can build then it will install (with the source remaining unpacked).

In this case with qtopia, you're probably running into problems with it's strange build system (I've not been able to continue builds with it).

When you removed the source, it must have done a clean build, which succeeded and installed.

Anyhow keep your eye open and if you can re-create the problem with a test case, please send to the list.