Re: [Ltib] updating the kernel

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] updating the kernel
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:59:50 +0100

Hi B.J.

Apologies for the late reply. Which platform/LTIB sources are you using. Under kernel selection you should see something like (it varies according to BSP but the directory build option is supposed to always be there):

--- kernel ----

(X) Linux 2.6.15-ep93xx
( ) Local Linux directory build
( ) Dont build the Linux kernel

The directory build stuff is normally pulling into a BSPs config/platform/_target_/main.lkc by something like this:

choice
    prompt "kernel"
    default KERNEL_NONE
    help
        This menu will let you choose the kernel to use with your board.
        If you don't want to build a kernel, unselect this option.

    config KERNEL1
        bool "Linux 2.6.15-ep93xx"
        help
           From: git/mburian/linux-2.6-ep93xx.git
    config KERNEL_DIR_BUILD
        bool "Local Linux directory build"
        help
            Build using a local copy of the kernel sources
    config KERNEL_NONE
        bool "Dont build the Linux kernel"
        help
            Select this if you dont want to build the kernel
endchoice

config PKG_KERNEL
    string
    default "kernel-2.6.15-ep93xx"    if KERNEL1
    default "kernel26-dir-build"      if KERNEL_DIR_BUILD

config PKG_KERNEL_PRECONFIG
    string "kernel config"
    default "linux-2.6.x.config" if KERNEL1 || KERNEL_DIR_BUILD

source ../../userspace/kernel_dir_build.lkc

Did you add the entry for "kernel (Linux 2.6.30 for my board)" ?

Regards, Stuart