[Ltib] Any udev version newer than 091 built?

From: Peter Barada
Subject: [Ltib] Any udev version newer than 091 built?
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 01:57:43 -0500

I've been working with the OMAP35x, and I've gotten udev-091 running on it, but its been a bit unstable with changes in the kernel - I think there's either a timing issue, or a probelm with the representation passed over the socket to udev and am chasing it - I need to first clean up the kernel config to fix things up for udev (at least according to the newer READMEs).

In the meantime, I peeked at a newer verison of udev (146), and I'm having trouble getting it to build in LTIB since the tarballs now want to do a full configure cycle.  I've tried the following (after seeing it in other .spec files):

%Build
./configure \
    --prefix=%{_prefix} \
    --host=$CFGHOST
    --build=%{_build} \
    --sbindir=/sbin \
    --libdir=%{_libdir} \
    --with-rootlibdir=/%{_lib} \
    --libexecdir=/lib/udev

And configure doesn't complete as its looking for gperf, glib-2.0 (or newer), and gobject (and who knows what else). I'm not sure if these need to be running on the OMAP, or are just needed on the linux host for the build.

Has anyone gotten a newer version of udev (newer than 091) to build under LTIB?

Thanks in advance!

--
Peter Barada <address@hidden>
Logic Product Development, Inc.