Re: [Ltib] Freetype 2.3.9

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Freetype 2.3.9
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:03:33 +0100

Hi Hamilton,

Are you saying that you want to compile apinames for the target as well as for the build machine (presumably it's needed during the build?). If so I think the work-around is fine so long apinames actually gets copied into the target rpm somewhere.

Can you tell me what the motivation of upgrading freetype from 2.1.7 to 2.3.9 is? I'm always fearful that updating one package will trigger a requirement to upgrade a bunch of other packages (due to inter-dependencies).

Regards, Stuart

Hamilton Vera wrote:
Hi everyone, here goes the spec file for freetype, I would like to
hear from you about one work around:

#FIXME: Work aroud to cross compile apinames in the host machine
cd src/tools
gcc apinames.c -o apinames
cp apinames ../../objs

The apiname application is needed during compilation.

%define pfx /opt/freescale/rootfs/%{_target_cpu}

Summary         : TrueType font rasterizer
Name            : freetype
Version         : 2.3.9
Release         : 1
License         : GPL or FTL
Vendor          : Maxtrack
Packager        : Hamilton Vera
Group           : System Environment/Libraries
Source          : %{name}-%{version}.tar.bz2
URL             : http://www.freetype.org/
BuildRoot       : %{_tmppath}/%{name}
Prefix          : %{pfx}

%Description
%{summary}

%Prep
%setup
#FIXME: Work aroud to cross compile apinames in the host machine
cd src/tools
gcc apinames.c -o apinames
cp apinames ../../objs
%Build
# FIXME: Work around to fix function 'FT_MulFix_arm'
# http://archmobile.org/trac/ticket/42
export CFLAGS="-std=gnu99"
./configure --prefix=%{_prefix} --host=$CFGHOST --build=%{_build}
make

%Install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx} install
rm -f $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/%{_prefix}/lib/*.la

%Clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%Files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%{pfx}/*

Dear Stuart, I did not tested this version with all other packages
like (gtk,pango,etc), I will do it as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hamilton Vera