Re: [Ltib] Putting source code under svn control

From: Michael Jones
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Putting source code under svn control
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 16:26:25 +0200

You can turn off that naming scheme in the kernel config with the CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO setting if you want.

I also have the misfortune of having a kernel under SVN control. If you have the luxury of choice, I would recommend using git for managing kernel source, it's just a much more natural fit. For example, there are .gitignore files already in the source tree which will help ignore files you don't want to put under source control.

-Michael

kshen wrote:
HI,
I put the linux kernel code (rpm/BUILD/liux-2.6.29.2) under svn control. Now
after running ltib and creating the image (-m scbuild and then -m scdeploy),
I got rootfs/lib/moduels/2.6.29.2-svn32178, instead of
rootfs/lib/modules/2.6.29.2. What's going on here?

Thanks,
Ke