Re: [Ltib] kdrive problem

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] kdrive problem
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:19:42 +0100

Hi Haitham,

Does your kernel have frame-buffer support enabled? by default the startx script is going to run:

Xfbdev -ac -mouse mouse -keybd keyboard &
sleep 3
DISPLAY=:0 twm

So this means you need a working framebuffer.

Regards, Stuart

haitham akah wrote:
Hi again

I managed to stop the FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

by diselecting the "use graphical console" in the kernel configration

the segmentation error disapred also

what I get now is Fatal server error:
no screens found
twm:  unable to open display ":0"
killall: Xfbdev: no process killed

so any help?
how should I till the xserver that there is a screen?

yours
Haitham