Re: [Ltib] ./ltib -m release # externally distributable error

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ./ltib -m release # externally distributable error
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:59:33 +0100

Hi Aaron,

trelease is intended to work as you say (from what I understand).

The curious thing here is that if the name sent to the GPP for testing is not found, it should just fail and warn like this (I hacked a testcase with --dltest and mkspooflinks.spec).

OK GPP: mkspooflinks-3.4.tar.gz
FAILED : SeaMAC_0.98.1.tar.gz
OK GPP: mkspooflinks-3.4-mmlink.patch

So unfortunately I need to ask you for some more debug output.

Can you now find in the main ltib file and uncomment:
#use LWP::Debug qw(+);

This will get verbose output from LWP and we should be able to see what its choking on.

Regards, Stuart

address@hidden wrote:
Sorry for being long-winded.  I would like to take your recommendation for
building a binary iso release using the 'trelease' mode, the 'localdir'
special tag, and a MANIFEST file.  Earlier you wrote that in the case of
the 'trelease' mode, "...you still (may) need a network connection, but
errors are not fatal."

1) Even though I do have a network connection, I believe I'm running into
a bug for the packages that I've introduced into the build, of which there
are two.  I created the .spec files that I copied from the template.spec
and edited, and the packages build fine with './ltib', but they don't work
with './ltib -m trelease'. The tail of the error I get is below. Included is the printout of the line you suggested to insert into
Ltibutils.pm.  I've also included the sysfsutils package printouts to
illustrate that the build proceeds for packages that were not introduced
by me.

checking: sysfsutils
======================
License: GPL/LGPL
test_remote_file: url=sysfsutils-2.1.0.tar.gz, file=sysfsutils-2.1.0.tar.gz
OK GPP_STAGE: sysfsutils-2.1.0.tar.gz

checking: SeaMAC
==================
License: GPL
test_remote_file: url=SeaMAC_0.98.1.tar.gz, file=SeaMAC_0.98.1.tar.gz
URL must be absolute at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/LWP/UserAgent.pm
line 206.
traceback:
 LWP::UserAgent::prepare_request:206
  (eval):249
   LWP::UserAgent::simple_request:248
    LWP::UserAgent::request:263
     Ltibutils::test_remote:345
      Ltibutils::test_remote_file:406
       main::release_copy:51
        main::release_copy_pkg:95
         main::release_copy_content:160
          main::release_main:346
           main::f_trelease:1228
            main:561

2) Ideally, I could perform the 'trelease' mode build at this point in
time without needing a network connection.  Maybe the LTIB could print
warnings instead of failing in this case.  It would seem natural that once
you acquire all of the files you need to do the build, including tar
files, rpm files, patches, md5 checksums, and the files of the ltib
itself, as well as the MANIFEST file, you should not require the network
to produce a binary iso "test" release.

I hope this was more concise.

Hi Aaron,