Re: [Ltib] ./ltib -m patchmerge -p kernel # distclean does not clean up

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ./ltib -m patchmerge -p kernel # distclean does not clean up ARCH specific files
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:01:23 +0000

Hi Aaron,

I had a quick look and it's not so straightforward as the distclean is in the ltib script. Unfortunately the kernel spec file does some computation of the ARCH and it's based on LINTARCH and can change for ppc/powerpc. For now I'll leave it. In the docs it mention you need to clean up.

If anyone has time to whip up a proper patch for this (tested) that would be great. It still needs to work for other packages aside from the kernel.

Regards, Stuart

Stuart Hughes wrote:
Hi Aaron,

Good idea, I'll add that.

Regards, Stuart

address@hidden wrote:
Hi Stuart.

When creating patches with the patchmerge option for the kernel package it
might be more correct to call

ARCH=${ARCH} make distclean

rather than

make distclean

Some architecture-specific files are not getting cleaned up, and are being
included in the patch after a build.  It's too bad that the kernel
makefiles can't pick up on this, maybe by looking at the include/asm
symlink.

Aaron