Re: [Ltib] GCC package option

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] GCC package option
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:53:09 +0000

Hi Chris,

It depends on the platform you're trying to build and the toolchain selected. Whether gcc is available (to try) to build for the target depends mostly on whether the current toolchain is a multi-libbed or single library toolchain. It's not possible (currently) to build canadian cross compilers from multi-libbed toolchain. The limitation I believe is gcc itself.

Regards, Stuart

Chris Westervelt wrote:
Stewart,

What happened to the GCC package option. I see it in the packages.lkc file but it does not show up in the list to choose. I could really use GCC on my target to speed my rootfs build.