Re: [Ltib] merge out from Freescale needed

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] merge out from Freescale needed
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:07:54 +0000

Hi Fritz,

The last merge-out from Freescale was the one I did before I left, see
doc/LtibMergesFromFSL-20090318

Since then there have been many updates to Savannah CVS LTIB, from bug fixes to new features (take a look at the CVS diff since that date). Unfortunately Freescale have not been merging out their changes since 20090318. I agree it would be helpful to get updates from Freescale merged into Savannah CVS (new platforms, updated kernels etc). The best way for this to happen would be if they would send per-topic patches to the list against Savannah CVS (for example a new platform etc). Maybe emails from customers/users of their platforms may help encourage them to resume their merge-outs.

Regards, Stuart

Fritz Mueller wrote:
Hey folks:

Seems a bunch of us are needing / wanting recent improvements /
refinements from savannah, but instead are having to use older /
different releases from Freescale since Freescale's latest merge out
seems to have busted a few things in the savannah tree.

Does anybody know when the last merge out occurred?  Maybe if all of
us needing this mail them about it on the same day we could raise
some awareness there of the scale of the need for another merge?

thanks, --FritzM.