Re: [Ltib] Problem while booting up kernel with JFFS2 File system.

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Problem while booting up kernel with JFFS2 File system.
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:07:58 +0000

Hi Rajesh,

Not sure what the problem is here, but here's some things to try/check:

* When running in NFS mode, try mounting your JFFS file system.
* Check that it looks reasonable
* If so try and chroot to it and make sure you're still running okay (you may need to re-mount /proc and /dev after chroot).

If all that is okay:
* try booting again, make sure the root= you pass is correct. You should see a message said "mounting ... filesystem"

If that doesn't work, send your actual boot messages to the list, maybe someone on the list will be able to spot what is wrong.

Regards, Stuart

Rajesh Marathe wrote:
Hello,

I am using latest CVS LTIB + IMX27 based Development board. I am able to
boot the kernel and load/run my application on the Dev board when I
operate in NFS File System mode. I changed this to JFFS2 File System
mode and built the kernel and rootfs.jffs2 images. I download the images
and boot fails with kernel panic. Following are the messages displayed:

Freeing init memory:
480K Warning: unable to open an initial console. Failed to execute linuxrc. Attempting defaults... Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to
kernel.

I did see that '/dev/console' is part of my file system. I have passed
'init=' option while executing kernel and despite that I get the above
messages.

Please let me know how to correct the above problem.

regards,
Rajesh Marathe.

\