Re: [Ltib] ltib problems

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ltib problems
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:54:46 +0100

Hi Juliano,

If you're using the old ltib-m5475evb-20080808 ISO then it's going to be tough to get it to work on Ubuntu 9.10 without quite a lot of changes.

It's not really practical for me to try to help with such an old release and unfortunately that platform has not been merged out by Freescale to Savannah.  I would suggest that you ask them to help you with this and/or merge out to Savannah where we may be able to help.  Alternatively it might be easier just to install this on a host platform from that era (2008) if that's something you have available.

NOte: if you report errors, it's far easier to help you if you post the output from the program rather than a commentary.

Regards, Stuart

Juliano Teixeira wrote:
Hi all,

I've been trying to build the LTIB on Ubuntu 9.10.
I've installed the LTIB and when running ./ltib I ran into many different problems (most of them are already reported in different posts).

I've introduced the following changes as suggested:
  1. remark rpm-build (ltib line 94)
  2. remarked lines at the byteswap files (I've remarked them both at the patch file and the include file. The reason for that is that the /opt/freescale directory is only created during the ltib execution and by then it is already too late to change the patch as the h file is already patched)
I was able to get the ltib to run for about 30 minutes before stopping at:
    /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm has gone missing at ./ltib line 1308.

for some reason, the ltib/usr/bin directory is not created at all (ltib/usr/src was created).

Any idea on how to proceed from here?

Thanks