Re: [Ltib] gstreamer/glib2

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] gstreamer/glib2
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:50:38 +0100

Hi Chris,

I have no plans to update these packages, but you could try.  Provided
they haven't changed their build system it should be a case of getting
the new sources and updating the .spec file.

So far as toolchains to run on the target go, some platforms do support
this.  Whether they do or not depends on the type of toolchain.  The
multi-libbed toolchains fundamentally can't build Canadian crosses (the
ones for the target).  Single library toolchains though can.

To check if your BSP can build a toolchain there are two ways, a simple
one and a more difficult one:

./ltib -m config

and then look in the package list for gcc occuring after gdm:

       [ ] gdbm
       [ ] gcc
       [ ] gdb

Whether or not this is visible depends on the toolchain in use (and
other factors).  So if you don't see it and you want the toolchain
you're using for the BSP, you're out of luck.  If you don't mind a
complete re-build with another toolchain, if you select another
toolchain (on the first page) it may show up.

The more difficult way to figure this out is to look at
config/userspace/defaults.lkc and find PKG_GCC_NAME, this shows the
computation.  If this symbol would evaluate to something (e.g.
gcc-3.3.2) then it would show up in the config system.  It means you
have to look at the logic and figure it out yourself.

Finally, even if you can select a toolchain to build on the target, it
may not fully build (not all have been tested) and it's not something
I'd be able to support.

Regards, Stuart