[Ltib] LTIB manifesto and sponsorship

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: [Ltib] LTIB manifesto and sponsorship
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:05:27 +0100

To all LTIB users,

As the maintainer of LTIB, over the last year I have provided a great
deal of support to the community and also made a number of improvement
and bug-fixes.  However, I would like to do more.  Some of the things I
have in mind are:

* BSP kernel upgrades/consolidation
* Re-factoring BSPs to be self-contained
* Package consolidation/refresh
* Dynamic host support package installation
* Common git based kernel builds with per project branch management
* Better multi-core support
* Pre-built rpm package feeds
* Web interface to build/add-packages/edit/release
* Alternate OS builds (e.g. RTEMS)
* Documentation refresh

Up until now Zee2 have born the brunt of sponsoring the time/effort
needed to maintain LTIB, but we're now reaching a crunch point.  Unless
I can find the required level of sponsorship, very soon I will have
to look for other contract work and put LTIB on the back-burner.

If you use LTIB and would like to see it continue and improve, I urge
you to ask your employer to consider sponsoring this project.  If you
are able to help, please contact me off the list.