Re: [Ltib] [ltib-users] Glib2 error while compile

From: Mike Goins
Subject: Re: [Ltib] [ltib-users] Glib2 error while compile
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 05:22:38 -0400

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Fabio Montemaggiore <address@hidden> wrote:
> libcharset/.libs/libcharset.a gnulib/.libs/libgnulib.a pcre/.libs/libpcre.a
> |  | /bin/sed 's/.* //' | sort | uniq > .libs/libglib-2.0.exp

Actually there was a error previous to that in the attached log:
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.1.2-glibc-2.5-nptl-3/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/lib/crt1.o:
In function `_start':
(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Not sure if the former is related but the latter error is that the
missing process between the two pipes should be "global_symbol_pipe".
 It appears that one of the tests in configure will empty the default
string if a test fails (I would think it should exit).    The variable
is easily followed in the configure script.   If you are able to
determine what the value should be you can override configure's
determination by exporting lt_cv_sys_global_symbol_pipe.   I am sure
the real fix is easy and searches for "global_symbol_pipe empty" turn
up quite a few hits, but nothing obvious.