Re: [Ltib] Query on getting NFS working with LTIB code.

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Query on getting NFS working with LTIB code.
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:48:09 +0100

Hi Rajesh,

It depends on how you're doing deployment.  If you're deploying using an
NFS root filesystem, then I would not recommend trying to mount another
NFS filesystem from the same machine (I'm not sure if it's possible,
maybe with the subtree option?).  If you're NFS deployed, then you'd be
better off just copying into some area in the rootfs on your host
(unless anyone else can think of a better idea).

If you're deployed another way (RAMDISK, JFFS etc), then as long as you
have NFS support built into your kernel and portmap enabled in the
build, you should be able to mount the NFS filesystem on the target once
you've exported it on the host.  For example:

---+ Host

edit /etc/exports and add (change to suit your situation e.g. path and
network address):

#### this entry allows any host on 192.168.0.0/24 to mount
#### /path/you/want/to/export.  root is squashed by default
#### /path/you/want/to/export 192.168.0.0/24(rw, no_subtree_check)

Then (re-)start NFS

### this varies depending on host, if NFS is already
### running you could just do 'exportfs -rv'

# sh /etc/init.d/nfs restart

---+ Target

### make sure you have kernel NFS support
### and the portmap package built/installed

### Assuming your host is 192.168.0.10
# mkdir /mnt/exported
# mount 192.168.0.10:/path/you/want/to/export /mnt/exported

Regards, Stuart