[Ltib] webcam-tools - LTIB

From: Franz TRIERWEILER
Subject: [Ltib] webcam-tools - LTIB
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 10:59:38 +0200

Hi,

Logitech is maintaining libs named "webcam-tools". These tools consist of two projects:
- libwebcam
- uvcdynctrl

They add more user control on Logitech webcam devices by using the uvc driver already available as a kernel option in LTIB.

I would like to make a package of it for LTIB. But these projects both use cmake as a makefile generator tool.

Before diving for at least 2 days in the exercise, I wonder whether using cmake for a LTIB package is the right way of doing (it is required to change the cmake input file with the right cross compiler options and so on and make sure that several tools - at least cmake - are installed on the host platform). Should not I try to take the c and h files out of the existing project and generate my own makefile with the right options in it?

Franz