[Ltib] Compiling a development header package

From: F I
Subject: [Ltib] Compiling a development header package
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 05:25:19 -0400

Hi All,

The package i'm trying to to compile with ltib needs certain development headers previously installed before compilation.. (I'm trying to compile gst-rtsp-server wich needs gstreamer-devel ).
I can find the development headers of this particular package online but these are all in RPM format.

So I went over to the gstreamer people and asked if there are any source packages that contains these development headers so gst-rtsp-server would work correctly.

They explained to me that the development header package is created from the compiler:
"The source code includes the header files; when the source tarballs get made into packages, the packagers will usually split the headers into a seperate -devel package and put the library binaries into another package"

So my question basically is:
Is it possible to install RPM files via ltib?
And does ltib creates these -devel packages?

Thanks in advance!
Ferdinand