Re: [Ltib] Package upgrade procedure (DOCU)

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Package upgrade procedure (DOCU)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:00:06 +0100

Hi Marten,

Unless you have a very good reason to upgrade a package, I would advise
against it.  If you do, you'll have to maintain it forever.

If you do want to upgrade, you can follow the section in
http://ltib.org/documentation-LtibFaq#ref_89 as a guide (although this
is for new packages).   In your case:

1. copy the old .spec file to a new name:

cp dist/lfs-5.1/busybox.spec dist/lfs-5.1/busybox-1.16.spec

2. Edit this and change the version number. It is your responsibility to
figure out if any of the patches are still needed and port them.

3. Place the new source tarball in /opt/ltib/pkgs (or
/opt/freescale/pkg, depending on your baseline):

4. Follow the FAQ information for single package building: e.g. ./ltib
-m prep busybox-1.16.spec  (scbuild, scdeploy etc).

5.  When it seems to work, you can add an override so this is your new
default busybox for whichever platform you are working on.  To do this,
edit/create: config/platform/_your_target_/pkg_map, and add to it:

PKG_BUSYBOX                      = busybox-1.16

PS: Just to re-iterate, I advise against doing this unless there is a
very good reason to do so.

Regards, Stuart