Re: [Ltib] Ltib - network missing

From: Li Yuan-Lung
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Ltib - network missing
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:52:43 +0800

Dear Srinivas,
I am confused about the mechanism. In kernel 2.6.27 the MAC address was in the EEPROM and the address info will be got after platform initialization. In kernel 2.6.34 the MAC address was just took from the boot parameter but not the EEPROM, why?
It doesn't make sense for the MAC address storage just keeping in the boot parameter. Is there any consideration?
Is there any possibility to change back to the previous method?

Henry