[Ltib] yaffs image creation seems to have some problem

From: Gernot Hillier
Subject: [Ltib] yaffs image creation seems to have some problem
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:59:17 +0200

Hi!

I'm having a hard time using a yaffs flash image created by LTIB on an ARMv5TE based board (home-brewn LTIB platform).

Therefore I just wanted to ask if someone of you recently used the YAFFS image creation functionality in LTIB and can verify that it works correctly in the current 10.1.1 release?

I re-used the linux-fsl-2.6.23-yaffs.patch for my kernel and it is perfectly able to mount a pre-existing YAFFS partition on flash.

However, when I try to flash the rootfs.yaffs image created by LTIB and mount it, the mount seems to be ok, but the image always looks empty (I can only see "lost+found").

I tried to verify things as much as I could (same issue occurs when mounting rootfs.yaffs from real flash as well as via nandsim.ko, rootfs.tmp looks ok as well as the mkfs.yaffs2 commandline).

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a known-to-work, documented upstream version of mkfs.yaffs which I could easily try to see if the LTIB's version has an issue.

So I wonder if the mkfs.yaffs2 from LTIB was tested recently and is known to work or if this whole yaffs stuff is a bit outdated...

--
Thanks & kind regards,

Gernot Hillier
Siemens AG, Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux