[Ltib] could not mount Root Filesystem

From: casper iway
Subject: [Ltib] could not mount Root Filesystem
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:47:40 +0800

Hello,

       I'm trying to build my first embedded linux using LTIB, but as i get along the way i encountered many problems and i don't know how to deal with it..

I have an LPC3141 board from embedded artists. They provide me a quick start guide for building a linux for my development board.. It's just not too useful because the instructions are not too detailed for a beginner like me to understand. I mean i could follow some of the steps but not all, and they're not explaining things well...

Anyway i successfully build an Apex bootloader and U-boot bootloader. I'm using U-boot because Apex won't work on my board and i just don't know why.. I also build the kernel(2.6.33) and the filesystem, i'm using ramdisk (rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot).

Now here's my problem..

I have written the U-boot in the NAND flash. And i got the U-boot prompt working, so from there i could load the Kernel and Filesystem to the memory...

Then i loaded the kernel in the memory address 0x31000000 (SDRAM memory, i guess...)
Also the Filesystem in memory address 0x32000000 (SDRAM memory)
Then i type the command: "run ramargs"
Then lastly to boot the image i type: "bootm 0x31000000 0x32000000"

I't successfully loads and start the kernel. But along the way, while it still loading something i got an error like error mounting the filesystem, then error remounting filesystem, and then Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.

I have attach a logfile i created when i'm running my dev. board.

I'm stuck and I'm really excited on building my first embedded linux..  Hope someone could help me fix my problem..

Thanks,

Casper