RE: [Ltib] How to run an application on Embedded Linux

From: Reer, Carolyn (SA-1)
Subject: RE: [Ltib] How to run an application on Embedded Linux
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:02:37 -0400

Zahid:
What do you mean by "mount your pre-built application" on the target
board?
My IDE built 4 files for my target processor:
BIN, ELF, MOT and the memory MAP.
I copied the files to the host directory which is mounted as the target
NFS drive. Thought I could just make the bin executable and run. But it
didn't.

Can I TFTP the file to RAM and run it from there?
Just trying to get 'helloworld' to run on the target. I want to verify
all the tools are properly configured before deploying an application.

Thanks.
Carolyn Reer

201-405-2992