[Ltib] Adding "IPTABLES Filtering' to kernel

From: Reer, Carolyn (SA-1)
Subject: [Ltib] Adding "IPTABLES Filtering' to kernel
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:24:00 -0400

I am trying to set up IP message filtering.
The IPTABLES package was included in the kernel build:

./ltib -m listpkgs |grep -I iptables on my host shows
Iptables-1.4.2-1    iptables    y   GPL   Tools for managing kernel
packet filtering

When I run iptables -L on my target (MPC8536DS) I get the error message:
iptables v1.4.2: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does
not exist (do you need to insmod?)

Iptables is not in the kernel. On the target I ran:
grep -i iptables /boot/config-`uname -r`
Iptables is not in the list.

I ran ./ltib -p iptables.
Build succeeded.
What do I do next? Do I rebuild the kernel?
If I run any of the ./litb -m commands (scbuild, scinstall, scdeploy) it
fails.

Thanks.
Carolyn Reer