Re: [Ltib] Accessing registers from bash

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Accessing registers from bash
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 14:45:34 -0400

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 11:44 -0700, Charles Krinke wrote:
A few years back I had a program that could access hardware registers and memory from a bash prompt. As I recall, it used a mmap and/or an ioremap system call or a pseudo-device in /dev.

Does anyone have any ideas on an open source download of some source I can compile into a c program for my ppc project that would allow me to read and write a few registers in the PPC8313 from a bash prompt? Sorta like "mw" and "md" from u-boot?

I had to go through this recently and came up with the attached. Its pretty minimal, and its usage shoudl be self explanatory.

Charles