[Ltib] tmpfs as rootfs?

From: Peter Barada
Subject: [Ltib] tmpfs as rootfs?
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:44:54 -0400

This is probably a stoopid question, but can a tmpfs be used as in place of a ramdisk as the root file sytem?

I'm sure the code that initially copies the data into it requires writing, but I'd like to use a tmpfs instead of a ramdisk since a tmpfs would allow the rootfs to expand/contract with the amount of available RAM instead of being fixed (and requiring "ramdisk_size=" on the command line to size it).

--
Peter Barada <address@hidden>
Logic Product Development, Inc.