RE: [Ltib] i need some help..pls

From: Kevin Wells
Subject: RE: [Ltib] i need some help..pls
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 22:34:42 +0200

Hi Malay,

Erase or rename the ./ltib/rpm/BUILD/hello-mod-1.2 folder and let LTIB build and install the complete module into the rootfs (just in case something was edited).

Use NFS to mount the root fs to your board, then try installing and removing the module.

address@hidden /]# cd /lib/modules/2.6.34/misc/

address@hidden misc]# ls

modexample.ko

address@hidden misc]# modprobe -v modexample

Using /lib/modules/2.6.34/misc/modexample.ko

say hello

address@hidden misc]# lsmod modexample.ko

Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted

modexample 603 0 - Live 0xbf018000

address@hidden misc]# rmmod modexample.ko

wave goodbye

address@hidden misc]#

My kernel was built using gcc-4.1.2

Linux version 2.6.34 (address@hidden) (gcc version 4.1.2) #61 PREEMPT

You can always try insmod –f to force load the module (good luck). You can also try running modinfo on the module on your host machine to get the module versioning info.

Mine is below..

address@hidden misc]$ modinfo modexample.ko

filename:       modexample.ko

author:         Stuart Hughes

license:        GPL

depends:

vermagic:       2.6.34 preempt mod_unload ARMv5

address@hidden misc]$

thanks,

Kevin