[Ltib] file system permission error when constructing final image

From: Aaron Wegner
Subject: [Ltib] file system permission error when constructing final image
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:16:24 -0400

Hi Stuart.  I was hoping you could shed some light on file system
permissions when constructing the rootfs image.  Mine is .jffs2.  In my
ltib configuration I have three packages creating the /root directory.

$ sudo /opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --root /home/aaron/0324/ltib/rootfs --dbpath
/var/lib/rpm -q --whatprovides /root
skell-1.19-1
gei-target-apps-0324.1-1
cpas-1-1
merge-0.1-1

The gei* and cpas are custom.  I know it's bad to use merge and whatnot,
and believe me I've cut down significantly.  I could omit the /root in
merge, but then it would also be in those other packages.  My question is
how the permissions are set in the file system image and how you could
modify them to suit your need.  I had set my /root dir in merge to be
similar to my own Linux workstation

dr-xr-x---.  23 root root  4096 2010-10-12 15:23 root

but this caused all kinds of problems for me today, unexpectedly.  I had
to chmod 755 my merge/root for it to go back to normal and include this
directory in the file system image, otherwise it would be omitted.

My error was from bin/Ltibutils.pm

find . -perm -444 ! -type b ! -type c -print0 | cpio -p0d --quiet
/home/aaron/0324/ltib/rootfs.tmp
find: `./root': Permission denied

the first find was an echo of the real find.  I already worked around it
with the 755 thing, so I'm not stuck, but could you clarify this a little?

Aaron