Re: [Ltib] "Variant" platform builds

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] "Variant" platform builds
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:07:41 +0100

Hi Bruce,

There's an option to ltib called:
        --selectype   : run the sub-platform configuration and build

Basically this lets you select between named defconfigs (which you can
update).

To implement this, you need to create a file in your platform called:
        config/platform/_target_/preconfigs.lkc

There's an example for the  A&MLtd Adder MPC875 PowerPC board, take a
look in config/platform/qs875s/preconfigs.lkc and it should be fairly
self explanatory.

To get a better idea, check out a fresh copy of LTIB and run it and
select this board, you'll find you get into the preconfigs screen by
default on the first run (subsequently you need the option --selectype).
 You will see this:

                  (X) default config (glibc)
                  ( ) default config (uClibc)
                  ( ) minimal config (uClibc)