Re: [Ltib] PKG_KERNEL_LEAVSRC issues...

From: seh
Subject: Re: [Ltib] PKG_KERNEL_LEAVSRC issues...
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 04:35:51 -0500

Hi Peter,

I'm going to need to re-read this email as at first read I'm not exactly
sure what you are running into.  If possible can you reduce it to 2
sentences of; "I expected this... but observe this...."

Just to shed some light on the design, normally .config will override
defconfig, however if you touch defconfig ltib will notice this and use
the updated defconfig.  The purpose of this is so that if you have an
autobuilder and check-in an update to defconfig, the autobuilder will use
the updated defconfig.

Regarding "LEAVESRC" the idea is that this only needs to be transient as
once a package is left unpacked, it will never be removed and so on
subsequence builds the same sources remain there and just get re-built.

Regards, Stuart