Re: [Ltib] error getting 'http://bitshrine.org/gpp//-4.0.4.tar.gz'

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] error getting 'http://bitshrine.org/gpp//-4.0.4.tar.gz'
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 18:37:52 +0000

Hi Jurgen,

Just to clarify, what's happening here is that LTIB is parsing the spec
file: dist/lfs-5.1/rpm/rpm-fs.spec
It should match the %defines and use them later to replace references
for things using them.  In this case:
%define pkg_name rpm
is not being picked up, which is why you see:
 dropping %{pkg_name} in spec token: source
as there is no replacement for the token.  The other errors flow from this.

This area is well tested.  So it seems likely that this copy of LTIB is
corrupt in some way, which is why I made the suggestion about Windows.
I sometimes see issues if people have unpacked tarball, or otherwise
copied files across from Windows machines.  These at \r before the end
of line, which may confuse the regex matcher on a Unix machine.

Bottom line; check your sources have not got in some way corrupted.

Regards, Stuart