Re: [Ltib] How to use ltib with shared directories?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] How to use ltib with shared directories?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:05:30 +0000

Hi Philippe,

You're going to get this error because normally root is "squashed" for
NFS exports.  You can say "no_root_squash" but this is a bad idea as it
removes any security on that share.

For the user project area, don't do this.  NFS is a bad idea as there's
no guarantee of locking etc.  You will notice ltib warns you about this.
 So just say no.

For the /opt/freescale (or for the public project /opt/ltib) area, you
could NFS share this, however you'd need to:

* Install once on a machine where it was not NFS and you had sudo
permissions (as per normal ltib)

* You'd need to change /opt/freescale/pkgs to 777 so that any user
downloading could write files into this area.

Having said all that I don't recommend this because:

1) 2 people running patchmerge at the same second could have clashing files

2) 2 people building at the same time could try to download the same
files and have wget scribble over eachothers' files.

So in summary: Don't use NFS unless you have absolutely no other option.

Regards, Stuart