Re: [Ltib] kernel function exporting to use in module?

From: Krzysztof Stankiewicz
Subject: Re: [Ltib] kernel function exporting to use in module?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 11:47:57 +1000

Yeah it is.

Its weird. Im missing something I think..

If I compile my module as being linked with the kernel, ie static link everything works fine.
'cat /proc/kallsyms | grep dosomething' shows my function is there....

But compiling a module that uses that function generates an error post-process when generating the .ko file that it cant find
dosomething...

extern int dosomething should do it no? (inside my module code)
Before ive seen modules complain about undefined symbols while inserting into kernel space, not at compile...