Re: [Ltib] patch to mtd-utils to dump ECC layout for a NAND MTD device

From: Fritz Mueller
Subject: Re: [Ltib] patch to mtd-utils to dump ECC layout for a NAND MTD device
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 15:44:39 -0700

Hey folks,

> Peter Barada wrote:
>> Adding in this code made life so much easier trying to hunt down and fix
>> a but in YAFFS/NAND ECC compatibility between Linux and u-boot on my
>> target....

I've run up against a similar problem to the one Peter mentions that motivated this patch (in my case, JFFS2/NAND ECC compatibility issue between Linux and u-boot on a Freescale MPC8308 based target.)

I've already taken a look at the NAND driver code being used by both u-boot and Linux, and at least by inspection both seem to be using the same ECC setup/strategy.  I was wondering if Peter could comment here a little more on the nature of the problem he experienced and the eventual solution?

   thanks much,
      --FritzM.