Re: [Ltib] High Speed UARTs on Phytec LPC3250 not appearing in dmesg wit

From: Chris Westervelt
Subject: Re: [Ltib] High Speed UARTs on Phytec LPC3250 not appearing in dmesg with 2.6.34 kernel
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:30:05 -0500

Henri,

I have all of them working.  I did have to modify the bin/device_table.txt file though to have the device entries in the ROOTFS.  This does not explain why you wouldn’t see the post in the kernel boot output saying it registered them.  There are two places you have to set these on in the kernel configuration.  One is in system type>high speed uarts and the other is under device drivers>character devices>serial drivers>High speed support.  Other than that, it should work.