[Ltib] Preferred way to generate a R/W image

From: Neven Boric
Subject: [Ltib] Preferred way to generate a R/W image
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:54:43 -0300

Hi,

What would you say is the preferred way to have a R/W image using LTIB?

I'm familiar with openWRT, which uses both a squashfs (ro) and a jffs2 (rw) partition, then uses mini_fo to present both as one large rw filesystem. The squashfs contains the base firmware. Whatever files the user mofifies (configuration files, package upgrades) are written to the jffs2 partition. mini_fo makes sure the user always sees the newest version of a file.

Is there a similar scheme implemented in LTIB, or would I have to implement it myself?

Some further details if you're interested:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/filesystems#explanation
https://lwn.net/Articles/135283/
http://www.denx.de/wiki/bin/view/Know/MiniFOHome

Regards