Re: [Ltib] Regarding nanosleep implemation problem in LTIB

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Regarding nanosleep implemation problem in LTIB
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 01:04:52 -0500

On 02/04/2012 12:40 AM, lakshminarayana babu wrote:
I am using motorola MCF5485 processor board. We have ported linux 2.6.25 kernel downloaded from LTIB. . I have written a small application program using "nanosleep". If i give a delay of 100 milliseconds it is giving 120 miliseconds. Like this whatever may the amount i am giving in this function it is adding 20 milliseconds extra. I tried with "usleep" and "sleep" also. In both the cases same problem. Can you please help me out.

1) replying to a digest email in the list is not good - you've hijacked an email thread and leave a lot of us trying to figure out the context of your questions.

2) using nansleep from a userspace application either has the userspace trying to sleep (while the scheduler is still running), or it invkes a system call to do the same, either of which can easily add at least one tick to the delay; sleeps of that short a duration should only be done within the kernel - sounds like you're trying to do in userspace application what should be done in the kernel (i.e. hardware driver?). What is it you're really trying to do that requires a sleep of that short a duration???

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden