Re: [Ltib] root passwd & start script on booting

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] root passwd & start script on booting
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 11:55:32 +0000

Hi Martino,

You can run start-up scripts at boot time by setting the content of rootfs/etc/rc.d/rc.local
Take a look at: config/platform/mpc8349itx/merge/etc/rc.d/rc.local for some ideas.

You should not really ssh as root.  If you must, then it's better to use an ssh keypair to do this.

If you need to change the root (or user) password, on the target run passwd _username_
Note that this will not persist if you re-deploy.

Regards, Stuart