Re: [Ltib] Problems with Ltib as delivered via a Freescale package.

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Problems with Ltib as delivered via a Freescale package.
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 09:04:22 +0100

On 01/06/12 02:05, John Clark wrote:
On May 30, 2012, at 12:52 AM, Stuart Hughes wrote:

Hey John,

A "404 message when some 'package' is being downloaded" is not that helpful of
a description, I doubt even a clairvoyant could infer much about the specific file you're
trying to get.  Also you don't say which BSP you're using? As you mention an ISO, it's
probably from Freescale in which case it's quite likely there are files they reference
that are not in the GPP.  It this is the case, please ask them for support.

If you don't like the project, either supply patches to make it better or go
elsewhere and find something you do like.

Regards, Stuart

There didn't seem to be a way to look at the fils located on the GPP server,
and so, I couldn't check to see if the version that the BSP was 'looking for',
was on there, or a different version, and make adjustments to my configuration.

Is there such a method to view the files that are in the 'bitshrine.org/GPP" ?

John Clark.

Hi John,

You can't get a listing of the GPP any more due to a problem a while back: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ltib/2012-04/msg00055.html

However, if you run ltib and a file can't be downloaded, it will identify the missing files in the console output (if it's during installation it'll be in host_config.log). Most missing files that get reported to the list are ones that Freescale reference in their BSP and then forget to put on their ISO images and don't make available publicly (sometimes this is deliberate is there's a licensing issue, but often just because no one one has pushed the content out).

If you have a problem installing, or otherwise, the best way to get help is to cut and paste some relevant output and post it to the list. If it's something we can help with then we will try to do that. Unfortunately if it relates to a Freescale BSP sometimes we can't and you'll have to go back to them.