Re: [Ltib] Host python patch

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Host python patch
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 18:55:53 +0100

Hi Mike,

In general the packages installed into /opt/ltib/usr/bin are regular and
can be see as extensions to the host system.

If you're building something that runs on the host, but is sensitive to
the platform/toolchain etc then in the past it's been put into
$PROJECT_DIR/bin/...  For example the host gdb that is built is put
there as it would be different depending on whether you're building ARM,
PowerPC etc (and indeed the particular toolchain).

So if the host-python could only really be built one way, then it is
okay to put it into the /opt/ltib/... bucket.  Otherwise maybe it's
better under bin (in the ltib project you're building).

Regards, Stuart