Re: [Ltib] ltib config for memory map

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ltib config for memory map
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 11:07:14 -0400

On 06/23/2014 09:34 AM, Rajesh Tiru wrote:
Hi,

I am a bit new to the ltib.
I've a custom LogicPD omap board based on ARM AM3703 with 256 MB ram and NAND 1GB.

My current bootargs is
nand-ecc=hw console=ttyO2,115200n8 address@hidden mpurate=600 i2c_bus=3,100 displ
ay=15 ignore_loglevel early_printk no_console_suspend mtdparts=omap2-nand.0:512k(x-loader),1664k(u-boot),384k(u-boot-env),5m(kernel),20m(ramdisk),-(fs) root=/dev/ram rw ramdisk_size=64000

and the mtd partitions are
mtd0: 00080000 00020000 "x-loader"
mtd1: 001a0000 00020000 "u-boot"
mtd2: 00060000 00020000 "u-boot-env"
mtd3: 00500000 00020000 "kernel"
mtd4: 01400000 00020000 "ramdisk"
mtd5: 1e480000 00020000 "fs"

I am trying to increase the rootfs partition to be 30mb and the ramdisk size to 128k as my rootfs is increased.

When I changed the bootargs, the board failed to boot-up and complains about writing beyond.

Can one you pl shed some light on how can I increase the partitions..?

Also, while, running, if I make any changes to any of the linux rootfs ( for ex, a new library or a change to a rc script), I am loosing those changes on the reboot. Is there a way to make the changes persists accros the reboots..?

Thanks in advance and much appreciate any help...

Rajesh,

0)Your questiosn are more u-boot related (i.e. unrelated to LTIB) but here's some answers

1) You can change the partition layout in u-boot via "setenv mtdparts 'mtdparts=...' where the <...> is what mtdparts expects.  In your case (assuming you want to size the ramdisk partition to 30MB since I don't understand exactly what you mean by "rootfs") so the command would be:

setenv mtdparts 'mtdparts=omap2-nand.0:512k(x-loader),1664k(u-boot),384k(u-boot-env),5m(kernel),30m(ramdisk),-(fs)'

Note that this increases the size of the 'ramdisk' partition by 10MB at the expense of the size of the 'fs' partition. After you'll want to "savenv" to save the u-boot environment change into NAND so the next time you boot  it remembers that change.

2) Yes, any changes you make to the rootfs when you boot with the ramdisk rootfs will be lost on reboot.  If you want to make changes in the rootfs that will persist across reboots, I'd highly suggest you switch to using YAFS2 as the rootfs and burn/boot using that.  Logic provides documentation in its User Guide you should have on how to do this (as you look to be running Logic's U-boot).

Hope this helps.

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden