lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] TCP window processing bug

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] TCP window processing bug
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:32:16 +0200

Hello Karl,

> I think there is a small bug in lwIP's TCP window processing.
>
> I have a simple file transfer application where host A sends data
> continuously to host B. No data travels from B back to A. While
> lwIP on A processes incoming ACKs, it ignores the window updates
> in the ACKs. This is because the incoming segments contain no data
> (they are just ACKs) and the initial value of snd_wl1 is incorrect.

Karl, could you explain in which ways this bug affected the transfer you
describe above?

I faced data loss problem in a similar scenario, I think in both the 0.6.3
as well as the 0.6.4 release. I always blamed my application but have
reviewed it over and over without finding anything weird.

Regards,

Leon.