lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #16830] err_tcp() posts to connection mailbox when no

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #16830] err_tcp() posts to connection mailbox when no pend on the mailbox is active
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 10:46:01 +0000

Not sure you're right: if I'm agree with you that an error may be indicated
at any time, this is only in during a TCP connect we have to "wake up" a
pending "netconn_connect".

Why? Because, first, err_tcp is always invoked in the tcpip_thread context.
So, no packet input can be processed during this call (we have to return from
api_msg_input before tcpip_thread main loop fetch a packet from its "input" -
TCPIP_MSG_INPUT or TCPIP_MSG_ETHINPUT). That's why err_tcp can't be consider
really "asynchrone" in sequential api.

So during any path during api_msg_input calls (other than TCP connect), you
always got a "sys_mbox_post(msg->conn->mbox, NULL)" to wake up the calling
thread. I already check that, but please, if I'm wrong, tell me.

During a TCP connect, if you got an err_tcp, you never got the do_connected.
Right? So, with this patch, I don't think it's possible to block any
application thread, and I don't think you can got two
"sys_mbox_post(msg->conn->mbox, NULL)" for a same netconn_xxx...

Can you confirm if you are agree with that points?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?16830>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/