lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6792] Create ASSERTs for DEBUG compile

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6792] Create ASSERTs for DEBUG compile
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:56:40 +0000

I agree that asserts are always debug.  If you're trying to check for errors
in release code, asserts are not the way to do it - you should write an error
handler instead if the error is expected.  However, I can see that others
might want them.  I therefore propose:

LWIP_ASSERT for the debug variety that causes whatever is running to fail in
a non-graceful manner
LWIP_CHECK for the non-debug variety that gives a warning, but doesn't do the
non-graceful failure.

In a debug build LWIP_CHECK could be compiled to LWIP_ASSERT

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6792>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/