lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20288] event_callback is called from multiple threads

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20288] event_callback is called from multiple threads without locking
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:02:11 +0000

Hmm, as long as we only look at the socket layer (which is the only code
really using the callbacks inside the stack), it seems I didn't read the code
properly: it _is_ protected right now, only this is done with a semaphore in
sockets.c:event_callback().

The only thing not protected (an thus needing a change) is for data coming in
right after an accept (on the newconn). That would need protection.

Also, things can be sped up if we use SYS_ARCH_PROTECT here instead of a
semaphore, but this is true for the whole socket layer...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20288>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/