lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7054] Clarification needed for variable initializati

From: Bill Florac
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7054] Clarification needed for variable initialization
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:05:16 +0000

I was being more general to any _init routine.  For example, say one wants to
start/stop dhcp.  (I have not looked at the dhcp code, I am just giving a
example of something that you may want to start/stop)

The name _init may give a developer the idea that it "reinitializes" where it
may not really achieve that.

I have no problem using the compiler to zero values, I was just pointing out
that there are cases where one might want to explicitly zero a value to allow
"re-init" and we may want make sure we comment these so they are not deleted
later by someone else.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7054>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/